Monday, July 02, 2012

Yin and Yang at Goose Lake


Some of the pictures I take while on a canoe trip turn out well, some don’t. Many are average. This is one of the average ones, yet it holds a special place in my heart.

Narrows at north end of Goose (Mohun) Lake
We were at the north end of Goose (Mohun) Lake on the Sayward Forest Canoe Circuit. The contrast between the light on the left shore and the shadows on the right, the quiet, almost glassy water on this side of the narrows, and the ripples on the other side caught my attention. For some reason, the combination of those elements made me think of Yin and Yang. I grabbed my camera and snapped the shot before our friends disappeared behind the point of land.

Although the picture will never make the cover a paddling magazine, I like to believe that it invites the eye and the soul to “go beyond the narrows.”

Follow this link to see a Google Map of the place.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A lovely spot, especially since you've pointed out the contrasts that I otherwise wouldn't have noticed.